What is Unified Service Desk?
Unified Service Desk in Dynamics 365 for sales app provides a quicker way to building application on a desktop environment. USD is widely known to the call centers and agent-based organizations who aggregate customer information from different areas and works with the customer relationship management. It allows Dynamics 365 users to collect data and have a 360° view of the customer interactions.
Unified Service Desk is built using User Interface Integration (UUI) framework and designed as a series of modules that enhance the management of Dynamics 365 user interface elements, agent scripting, automatic loading of related records, and so on. Unified Service Desk can be configured using the Dynamics 365 configuration application which doesn’t require user to write code for the most part. Thus, reduces the lead time to design an agent application as per the organization’s requirements. Also, with the CTI framework of user interface integration, users can build adapters to connect Unified Service Desk with their existing CTI infrastructure to support customer communication in agent desktops over various channels such as chat, email, or telephone.
What makes up Unified Service Desk?
Unified Service Desk is a complete set of solutions and data files that contain configuration records for the User Interface Integration framework. You configure the USD entities to outline the user expertise within the consumer application, like numerous controls, their layout, user flow, and so on. All configuration data is hold on within the USD entities, and you’ll be able to bundle it alongside the solutions and data files into a “package” that defines a USD application. The package will then be deployed to any Dynamics 365 instance, and users will connect with it using the Unified Service Desk consumer application to expertise the interface and practicality outlined by the configuration knowledge of the appliance.
The Unified Service Desk package contains two major solutions files:
- Dynamics Unified Service Desk: This package contains the Primary Service Desk entities that a user configure to define the agent application experience.
- User Interface Integration for Dynamics 365: This solution contains the underlying entities required by the Unified Service Desk configuration entities.
How Unified Service Desk can help organization to overcome major challenges:
- Secure access to data based on security in Dynamics 365: USD uses the Dynamics 365 security model to govern access to the entities and configuration data. Moreover, you can create configurations in Unified Service Desk to group entities, and assign them to users to ensure that they can access only the entities within the assigned configuration.
- Support for computer telephony integration (CTI): Unified Service Desk provides a framework for the CTI adapters that can be used within the agent applications to handle screen popping, call routing, softphone control, and other CTI functionalities – provided you follow certain rules while developing these CTI adapters.
- Empower agents with unified access to customer information: Unified Service Desk provides agents with a single service interface for accessing customer information in Dynamics 365, which helps them deliver fast and accurate customer service.