Last spring update came with tons of new features in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. However, Integrating PowerApps with Dynamics 365 was one of the productive feature for the end users. Now, you’ll be able to integrate a PowerApps directly into a Dynamics 365 from workspace! While this might be buried in conjunction with many others within the spring unharness, I feel this is often quite Probably one amongst the most important new feature. It holds the potential for vast productivity enhancements for users. This feature provides power users the Flexibility to increase business-processes, Produce compostable applications, decision external services or trigger “Flows”―all while not having to try to any code or development.
Following steps shows how to Integrate PowerApps with Dynamics 365:
- In powerapps.com, on the Apps tab, click or tap the ellipsis ( . . . ), then Details,
- Copy the App id from there,
- Substitute the [App ID]value in the URI:
- Embed your app in a website: Embedding your app is now as simple as adding the iframe to the HTML code for your Site.
http://<iframe width=”[W]” height=”[H]” src=”https://web.powerapps.com/webplayer/iframeapp?hideNavBar=true& source=website&screenColor=rgba(165,34,55,1)&appId=/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apps/[AppID]”/>
To add PowerApps inside Dynmaics365 as web resource:
- If your website uses Azure Active Directory based authentication, you don’t need to sign in additionally
- If your website uses any other authentication process or is not authenticated, your users see a sign-in prompt on the iframe. After they sign-in, they will be able to run the app as long as the author of the app has shared it with them
- Specify the width and height for App.
- Specify the app id.
Example of a simple HTML code:
<p>App Goes here…</p>
<iframe width=”250″ height=”250″ src=”https://web.powerapps.com/webplayer/iframeapp?hideNavBar=true&source=website&screenColor=rgba(165,34,55,1)&appId=/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apps/579938ff-e1a0-4891-a8b9-8d69c103fd84″ />
If you’re on Associate in Nursing older unharness of Dynamics AX, you’ll add this to the massive and growing list of compelling reasons to justify the move to consecutive generation of business applications from Microsoft. With D365 you currently have the ability to gather these compostable business applications to alter you to require advantage of the fashionable technology in Dynamics 365 and accelerate your digital transformation.