In Microsoft Dynamics 365, Goals are the way to track the complete business process and move forward towards the success. It can provide the best understanding of how much can expect from the employee or teammates. Using Goal Metric, managers and employees can know how close they are from meeting the companies expected goals. Goals are easy to create and manage, but an effective way to keep track of the projects within your business organization.
What is Goal Metrics?
Goal Metrics is a Dynamics 365 feature in the Goal Management section. This process can track the amount of revenue and quantity of projects to notify you so that you can come up with a better Goal for your business. Goal metrics also increase the productivity of your services and sales of your organization.
Creating Goal Metrics:
There are two metric types available on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Goal Management Feature.
- Amount: Amount metric type is a money ($) value, can be an integer or a decimal number. Which can be used to track revenue for your business.
- Count: The count metric type is an integer value which can be used to track sales and order.
To add a Goal Metric follow the steps:
Ø Select the lookup icon in the Goal Metric area,
Ø Select a metric from the list if you want to use an existing one,
Ø To create a new metric, select the New Metric,
Ø Give the Metric a Name,
Ø Select the Goal Metric Type,
Ø Choose the correct amount of data type for both money and quantity, and
Ø Save the record.
The table below will help you figure out the difference between money and quantity:
|Goal metric type||Available rollup fields|
|Amount (integer) or Count||Goal.ActualInteger
Why use the Goal Metrics?
In order to grow your business, you should aware your employees about the business ambition and goals. Goal Management does the job for you and also increases the productivity of your services. Here are some benefits you can get by using a better strategic Goal Metrics:
- Goal Metrics tracks your sales and revenue which can help you to determine the best ambition for your business.
- It notifies you about the progress towards the revenue targets or any other metrics you want to track the progress.
- Using Goal Metrics, you can measure the volume of your available products, set targets, and specify goals.
- With Dynamics 365 Goal Metric feature, you can not only optimize the sales of your company but also able to establish marketing and support case goals to track the productivity of your entire company.
Microsoft Community has a quick video to have you a quick walk through the Goal Management Feature on your Dynamics 365. You can see that from here and learn more about Goal Management to increase productivity and make a professional business goal.