Microsoft Dynamics 365 is evolving way faster than you can imagine because the team is continuously developing and updating this flagship customer relationship management solution. Like the past few years, 2018 will bring us more updates and new functionality to the Microsoft Dynamics 365. Here are some of the new features currently under development and will be released in this year:
· External project management integration: Microsoft Dynamics 365 is adding the external project management integration which will allow you to connect to the project management and resources and syncing contacts, projects, tasks, billing, expense reports, categories, forecast and purchase orders.
· Multiple bin relations: When you are in a cluster picking scenario, this Multiple bin relation will allow you to assign new bins to the same work order. Thus, the cluster picking flow will continue without any problems. That means when this feature will be available on Dynamics 365, one work order can be complete with multiple bin relations after picking route is completed.
· Retail layout designer: Retail layout designer is coming with more improvements with new screen layouts and printed/email receipt templates. After this update, you will be able to edit multiple layouts at the same time and switch between different layouts without saving them. It will allow you to quickly see the previous template without even closing the current editors.
· On-premises data integration: On-premises data integration will allow you to import or export data in data management with the integrated APIs. Which will also provide the external application integration on Dynamics 365 for financial and operations with the capability to export or import data using data entities.
· Inventory counting reason codes: Different reason codes as post counting journals, cycle counts, adjustment in/out, spot count, threshold count will be added to the counting journals for both warehouse and mobile application. This feature will allow you to use standard finance and operations more efficiently and quickly on Dynamics 365.
· Outbound shipment confirmation: With this feature of Microsoft Dynamics 365, the accepted ongoing project can automatically be decremented from the shipment. Because outbound shipment confirmation will allow the system to work with exception handling which either allows or block the process of shipping fewer quantities than originally requested.
· Preparing materials for production and batch orders: In the jobs and people section on the production floor management workspace, a new list and materials will be added. This list will allow the Shop Floor supervisors to manage materials for specific orders to be applied for coming period such as the next shift.
· Power BI integration: With the new power BI integration on Dynamics 365, you will be able to discover reports by making them visible from your frequently used NAV lists. This will allow you to track your frequently used and ongoing projects, manage them directly from the lists and set or update alerts according to your best strategy to grow your business.
These are some of the upcoming features which are under development and will be released soon within this year. And there are some improvements which will be also added to the Dynamics 365, as:
· Payroll import from QuickBooks,
· Bulk invoicing improvements,
· New automation for inbox and outbox,
· Direct transfer orders,
· Use EU VAT number to update contact name, and so on.